From the mise en place to a beautiful creation on the plate, you really feel at home in a professional kitchen, the place where you can show your skills.
I have started at Hotel Jakarta as a Chef de Partie and now I have been promoted to Junior Sous Chef. My cooking skills are quite on point but I still need to develop my leadership skills. I like working all sections of the kitchen and to enthuse and teach my colleagues. When I am at the Pass, I make sure an order comes together at the right time ready for serving. I still make mistakes, but that’s the learning process. The Chef gives me confidence and I keep improving myself. I have a broad product knowledge, so I can work in any section. This is expected from a chef in my position.
A a Sous Chef you have the responsibility over the kitchen as the right hand of the Chef, for instance when he is not there. No dish leaves the kitchen without your approval, you made a planning and everyone knows what to do for the day. In short, you actively take charge of the kitchen team and you ensure the quality of the dishes. But, you also consult with the Chef & F&B manager on important decisions. You learn from them and pass this on to your team. You coach, train and motivate your team as well as each employee individually. This way you make sure the day runs smoothly! Monitoring inventory, purchasing, and preparing and adhering to budgets are also part of your duties. The focus is on the ultimate combination of guest satisfaction, creativity, quality and teamwork.
At Café Jakarta, 'West' and 'East' literally come together. Authentic Indonesian dishes, presented in a modern way. In our Seafood Bar fresh Fruits de Mer platters are served. Our large terrace offers a panoramic view over the IJ.
What makes you the perfect colleague?
- Work experience in a similar position;
- Creative and modern cooking style;
- You are familiar with food cost, menu calculations, payroll and making schedules
- Having your ‘Leermeester’ diploma is an advantage
- Communication and organization: This is strength;
- You have a flexible attitude and no 9 to 5 mentality
- You and your team aim for the best result each day and a unique experience for our guests!
- You know how to motivate and inspire your colleagues;
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and banqueting, it’s all part of your job.
What has WestCord Hotels to offer?
- Growth: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop yourself and grow within the company. WestCord is actively working on practicing sustainable employability.
- Training: Are you not yet fully comfortable with the position you are willing to fulfil? Or are you willing to acquire new skills and information? Our hospitality trainers are here to teach you all the important aspects of our profession.
- Salary: WestCord values everybody’s efforts.
- Balance: We believe your work and private life should not intertwine. Therefore, we use our own communication platform, with which you are always up to date about developments and news in your team and organization. You can also continue to work on your skills and knowledge by doing to available e-learning modules.
- Good arrangements for relatives and supplementary retirement pension.
- Daily lunch and dinner, great coffee and lots of fruit. A perfect moment to sit and chat with your colleagues.
- 30/30 member: Our goal is to make you ‘part of the family’. That is why we offer your great extras such as €30,- per night including breakfast in all of our hotels and 30% discount on the F&B, the wellness, and other WestCord products.
- Introductory & signing bonus: We promise our guests that they will wish to come back. Do you know somebody who would love to be part of our team? Then you and the colleague you introduced will receive a net bonus of €250,00 deposited into your account.
- Surprise Our OneTeam: WestCord seeks to surprise her guests, but in addition to that, we also want to surprise our colleagues! This doesn’t only make a day at work fun, it also makes it surprising and even more enjoyable.
About WestCord Hotels:
WestCord Hotels is a Dutch family company that has existed for over 50 years. The company has grown from the first hotel, Hotel de Wadden on Vlieland. Nowadays, the chain has 17 hotels, spread all over the Netherlands. Including a few iconic hotels, such as Hotel New York Rotterdam, the ss Rotterdam and Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam. We are only satisfied when we have satisfied guests and everything is focused on that! Committed, sincere, intimate and tough. That is what WestCord Hotels stands for.
Will you become our new colleague? Leave your details below, then we will contact you as soon as possible.