Lunch cook/chefAre you a creative cook, a hard worker and a king or queen in the kitchen? Are you looking for working hours between 09:30 and 18:00 AM and do you know how to prepare a delicious lunch? Someone who only gets happy when our guests are happy and sees dissastified guests as a challenge? Are you someone who can work extremely hard, but also at te same time preserves a nice atmosphere? Than we are looking for you!
From mise en place unto a beautiful creations on the plate, you feel at home in the kitchen where you can show your talent. It also isn't any problem for you to be responsible for your own department within the kitchen. When you enter the workplace, you will already walk in to controlled chaos. You will greet your colleagues in the kitchen but also your colleagues on the service floor. You will talk to the chef what needs to happen at the Mise en Place, if there are any special events or big groups for example. Tasks are being devided and together with your colleagues you will make sure lunch dishes will be flying out of the kitchen and that everything is ready again for a busy evening. With all these tasks your shift will fly by!
About The Market Hotel
The Market hotel has a 123 rooms, devided over 6 floors. We offer 7 different types of rooms for our guests, so there is a room choice for everyone! In the basement we have our luxury Wellness and on the ground floor we have our restaurant, which contains around 250 seats and two terraces. One terrace at the side of the Grote Markt, with around 300 seats and one terrace at the side of the Nieuwe Markt, with around 50 seats.
Because of the favorable location of our terrace at the East wall, you can enjoy the sun the longest. And don’t forget about our Bakery, which is also located at the ground floor. The theme of our restaurant is old Dutch in a new jacket. Accessible is the keyword to our menu. No fine dining cuisine, but quality food for everyone with a slightly Dutch tinge.
What makes you the perfect colleague?
- Eye for detail and perseverance: You've got it in you!
- Having your ‘Leermeester’ is een plus
- You have a real hands-on mentality
- Working in the hospitality industry: you've got experience in a sort like function or want to learn the tricks of the trade.
- You have a flexible mentality and are available between 09.30 uur and 18.00 hours.
- We work together as one, as a team, so collaborating and communication are also important to you!
- Together with your colleagues, everyday will be a new adventure
What has WestCord Hotels to offer?
- Growth: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop yourself and grow within the company. WestCord is actively working on practicing sustainable employability.
- Training: Are you not yet fully comfortable with the position you are willing to fulfil? Or are you willing to acquire new skills and information? Our hospitality trainers are here to teach you all the important aspects of our profession.
- Salary: WestCord values everybody’s efforts.
- Balance: We believe your work and private life should not intertwine. Therefore, we use our own communication platform, with which you are always up to date about developments and news in your team and organization. You can also continue to work on your skills and knowledge by doing to available e-learning modules.
- Good arrangements for relatives and supplementary retirement pension.
- Daily lunch and dinner, great coffee and lots of fruit. A perfect moment to sit and chat with your colleagues.
- 30/30 member: Our goal is to make you ‘part of the family’. That is why we offer your great extras such as €30,- per night including breakfast in all of our hotels and 30% discount on the F&B, the wellness, and other WestCord products.
- Introductory & signing bonus: We promise our guests that they will wish to come back. Do you know somebody who would love to be part of our team? Then you and the colleague you introduced will receive a net bonus of €250,00 deposited into your account.
- Surprise Our OneTeam: WestCord seeks to surprise her guests, but in addition to that, we also want to surprise our colleagues! This doesn’t only make a day at work fun, it also makes it surprising and even more enjoyable.
About WestCord Hotels:
WestCord Hotels is a Dutch family company that has existed for over 50 years. The company has grown from the first hotel, Hotel de Wadden on Vlieland. Nowadays, the chain has 16 hotels, spread all over the Netherlands. Including a few iconic hotels, such as Hotel New York Rotterdam, the ss Rotterdam and Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam.
We are only satisfied when we have satisfied guests and everything is focused on that! Committed, sincere, intimate and tough. That is what WestCord Hotels stands for.
Will you become our new colleague? Leave your details below, then we will contact you as soon as possible.