WestCord Fashion Hotel is looking for an enthusiastic chef with a passion for gastronomy. Are you ready for your next step as a chef?
As a chef, the daily management of the kitchen is your responsibility. You focus on coaching and leading the kitchen team. You are communicatively strong and can work well together. In addition, you keep the overview. Together with the kitchen team, you develop new menus and you are up-to-date on current food trends.
We are looking for a colleague who wants to grow with the company. Someone who will make sure everything runs smoothly. You are as head chef responsible for calculating the food cost, planning personnel, and creating a new menu. You don't do this alone, you have two experienced sous chefs on your kitchen team. Together with your knowledge, you are an added value to the team and the hotel.
The F&B department of WestCord Fashion Hotels consists of different parts; the breakfast buffet, Brasserie Mme Coco, the Skyybar, and the banqueting rooms. Thanks to you, and your team, our guests can start their day well with breakfast, enjoy a delicious lunch or easily join us for a good dinner. Guests can end the evening with a tasty cocktail with a bite in the Skyybar. It is beautiful that so many contrasting styles and services can be found under the same roof. Service, quality, and teamwork form the common thread between these points of sale. Together with the team, we strive for the best service for our guests.
We have a unique collaboration with the ROC, where we train the interns on the job within our kitchen. Fun and a positive attitude are consequential to us both towards the guest and your colleagues because together we are strong! Are you a chef and looking for the next step in your career? Our team is looking for a new leader. Would you like to contribute to the WestCord Fashion Hotel in the future? Then we would love to hear from you!
What makes you the perfect colleague?
- Takes responsibility;
- You are always ready to help your colleagues where necessary;
- The cooling is filled again with fresh ingredients, so that the next day can start well;
- You work according to the HACCP procedure;
- You are a star at working independently, but you also enjoy working in an enthusiastic team;
- The hospitality industry is not unknown to you: you have work experience in the same position if you want to learn the tricks of the trade!
- A full-time job divided over four days is negotiable.
What has WestCord Hotels to offer?
- Growth: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop yourself and grow within the company. WestCord is actively working on practicing sustainable employability.
- Training: Are you not yet fully comfortable with the position you are willing to fulfil? Or are you willing to acquire new skills and information? Our hospitality trainers are here to teach you all the important aspects of our profession.
- Salary: WestCord values everybody’s efforts, therefore we pay a salary above the norms of the Dutch CAO.
- Balance: We believe your work and private life should not intertwine. Therefore, we use our own communication platform, with which you are always up to date about developments and news in your team and organization. You can also continue to work on your skills and knowledge by doing to available e-learning modules.
- Good arrangements for relatives and supplementary retirement pension.
- Daily lunch and dinner, great coffee and lots of fruit. A perfect moment to sit and chat with your colleagues.
- 30/30 member: Our goal is to make you ‘part of the family’. That is why we offer your great extras such as €30,- per night including breakfast in all of our hotels and 30% discount on the F&B, the wellness, and other WestCord products.
- Introductory & signing bonus: We promise our guests that they will wish to come back. Do you know somebody who would love to be part of our team? Then you and the colleague you introduced will receive a net bonus of €250,00 deposited into your account.
- Surprise Our OneTeam: WestCord seeks to surprise her guests, but in addition to that, we also want to surprise our colleagues! This doesn’t only make a day at work fun, it also makes it surprising and even more enjoyable.
WestCord Hotels is a purely Dutch owned and operated family business, with its origins on the Island of Vlieland. In the 1960s tourism started growing on the Wadden Islands so in 1968 baker Emo Westers bought his 18-year-old son Harry a hotel, “De Wadden”. The very first WestCord Hotel.
Today, there are 16 WestCord Hotels throughout the Netherlands. A number of hotels operate under their own name and are soft-branded ‘by WestCord’, each a unique story and a link to Dutch history. Like Hotel New York in Rotterdam, located in the former headquarters of the famous ‘Holland-America Line’.
We are only satisfied when our guests are satisfied, and everything we do is aimed to contribute to the guest satisfaction.
Involved, sincere, personal and cool. That is what WestCord stands for. Will you become our new colleague? Leave your information down below and we will reach out to you as soon as possible.