Bartenders beware! You’re about to start your career at one of the newest Hotels in Groningen, namely The Market Hotel!
We make sure that our guests feel at home and that there is nothing missing for them. An exciting cocktail in one hand and our classic bites in the other. Our guests will experience great hospitality and a unique experience in the heart of our city. Can you shake,stir, built or blend it? Than we are looking for you!
You only leave satisfied when all our guests are as well. You are a true host and have a huge passion for hospitality. You put the guests at ease, make them feel more than welcome and make sure they are not missing out on anything.
You love to small talk with your guests or make a joke, but can also read your guests when they are not in the mood for that. Your guests are always the center of your work, so you think along with them and are open to answering all of their questions.
In conclusion: As a bartender it’s your job to make sure that all of our guests have an unforgettable stay, so they definitely want to come back!
About The Market Hotel
The Market hotel has a 123 rooms, devided over 6 floors. We offer 7 different types of rooms for our guests, so there is a room choice for everyone! In the basement we have our luxury Wellness and on the ground floor we have our restaurant, which contains around 250 seats and two terraces. One terrace at the side of the Grote Markt, with around 300 seats and one terrace at the side of the Nieuwe Markt, with around 50 seats.
Because of the favorable location of our terrace at the East wall, you can enjoy the sun the longest. And don’t forget about our Bakery, which is also located at the ground floor. The theme of our restaurant is old Dutch in a new jacket. Accessible is the keyword to our menu. No fine dining cuisine, but quality food for everyone with a slightly Dutch tinge.
What makes you the perfect colleague?
- You are born for hospitality!
- Hospitable, open and spontaneous. These are your characteristics!
- Working in the Hospitality industry is not new to you: you have working experience and are ready to take the next step in your Hospitality career.
- It’s not a problem for you to interact with our international guests, you speak fluent English and preferrably a bit of German.
- That extra step, a special welcome and personal attention to your guests feels like a second nature to you!
- You are flexible and don’t have a 9 tot 5 mentality·
- Together with your colleagues, everyday will be a new adventure!
What has WestCord Hotels to offer?
- Growth: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop yourself and grow within the company. WestCord is actively working on practicing sustainable employability.
- Training: Are you not yet fully comfortable with the position you are willing to fulfil? Or are you willing to acquire new skills and information? Our hospitality trainers are here to teach you all the important aspects of our profession.
- Salary: WestCord values everybody’s efforts.
- Balance: We believe your work and private life should not intertwine. Therefore, we use our own communication platform, with which you are always up to date about developments and news in your team and organization. You can also continue to work on your skills and knowledge by doing to available e-learning modules.
- Good arrangements for relatives and supplementary retirement pension.
- Daily lunch and dinner, great coffee and lots of fruit. A perfect moment to sit and chat with your colleagues.
- 30/30 member: Our goal is to make you ‘part of the family’. That is why we offer your great extras such as €30,- per night including breakfast in all of our hotels and 30% discount on the F&B, the wellness, and other WestCord products.
- Introductory & signing bonus: We promise our guests that they will wish to come back. Do you know somebody who would love to be part of our team? Then you and the colleague you introduced will receive a net bonus of €250,00 deposited into your account.
- Surprise Our OneTeam: WestCord seeks to surprise her guests, but in addition to that, we also want to surprise our colleagues! This doesn’t only make a day at work fun, it also makes it surprising and even more enjoyable.
About WestCord Hotels:
WestCord Hotels is a Dutch family company that has existed for over 50 years. The company has grown from the first hotel, Hotel de Wadden on Vlieland. Nowadays, the chain has 16 hotels, spread all over the Netherlands. Including a few iconic hotels, such as Hotel New York Rotterdam, the ss Rotterdam and Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam.
We are only satisfied when we have satisfied guests and everything is focused on that!
Committed, sincere, intimate and tough. That is what WestCord Hotels stands for. Will you become our new colleague? Leave your details below, then we will contact you as soon as possible.