Independent Working Chef
Hi, my name is Elena and I am a independent working chef in Café Jakarta, the restaurant of Hotel Jakarta on Java Island in Amsterdam. Or like we say in the kitchen, we are Café Jakarta and Hotel Jakarta is the hotel that was built on top of our restaurant! Café Jakarta is a beautiful restaurant, placed in a real sub-tropical garden, but the greatest thing about my job is the opportunity to cook different styles, from different type of kitchens every day. With our French executive chef Stephane and Javanese sous-chef, we have developed both an Indonesians and a European menu with on top of that a seafood bar. So on an average day, I might start with making our own sambal, then I will prep our classic jus de veau and I will finish the day in the a la carte with opening oysters and grilling lobster. In short, one day, different styles, plenty of challenges and foremost a lot of new flavours! Will you join our team?
What makes you the perfect colleague?
- Detail orientation and perseverance
- A tutor for inspiring chefs is a bonus
- You have a hands-on mentality
- The hospitality industry is not unknown to you: you have work experience in the same position or you want to learn the tricks of the trade!
- You have a flexible attitude and not a 9 to 5 mentality.
- We work as a team within the hotel, collaboration and communication are also very important to you!
- Together with your colleagues, every day is a new adventure!
What has WestCord Hotels to offer?
- Growth: Working within a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop yourself and grow within the company. WestCord is actively working on practicing sustainable employability.
- Training: Are you not yet fully comfortable with the position you are willing to fulfil? Or are you willing to acquire new skills and information? Our hospitality trainers are here to teach you all the important aspects of our profession.
- Salary: WestCord values everybody’s efforts.
- Balance: We believe your work and private life should not intertwine. Therefore, we use our own communication platform, with which you are always up to date about developments and news in your team and organization. You can also continue to work on your skills and knowledge by doing to available e-learning modules.
- Good arrangements for relatives and supplementary retirement pension.
- Daily lunch and dinner, great coffee and lots of fruit. A perfect moment to sit and chat with your colleagues.
- 30/30 member: Our goal is to make you ‘part of the family’. That is why we offer your great extras such as €30,- per night including breakfast in all of our hotels and 30% discount on the F&B, the wellness, and other WestCord products.
- Introductory & signing bonus: We promise our guests that they will wish to come back. Do you know somebody who would love to be part of our team? Then you and the colleague you introduced will receive a net bonus of €250,00 deposited into your account.
- Surprise Our OneTeam: WestCord seeks to surprise her guests, but in addition to that, we also want to surprise our colleagues! This doesn’t only make a day at work fun, it also makes it surprising and even more enjoyable.
About WestCord Hotels:
WestCord Hotels is a Dutch family company that has existed for over 50 years. The company has grown from the first hotel, Hotel de Wadden on Vlieland. Nowadays, the chain has 17 hotels, spread all over the Netherlands. Including a few iconic hotels, such as Hotel New York Rotterdam, the ss Rotterdam and Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam.
We are only satisfied when we have satisfied guests and everything is focused on that!
Committed, sincere, intimate and tough. That is what WestCord Hotels stands for. Will you become our new colleague? Leave your details below, then we will contact you as soon as possible.